: How do i activate my first premier bank credit card
|How do i activate my first premier bank credit card|
|Us bank cash plus signature card|
|Are basketball cards still worth money|
Credit card activation: How to activate a credit card?
There are different ways with which one can activate a credit card. Usually, the activation process varies from bank to bank, and there is no common process aafcu car loan rates activating credit cards. Some banks ask cardholders to activate their credit cards by logging into their net banking system and activating the cards. Some other banks require cardholders to visit an ATM and swipe the card to get it activated.
To get a card activated, you must know the personal identification number or (PIN). Banks have different ways of communicating the PIN to the customer. While some banks despatch the PIN separately after despatching the card, others help users generate the PIN online.
Activate your credit card online
To activate your credit card online, you need to first generate your pin. To do so, you can log in to your account through net banking. Fill in your customer ID and password to log into your account. Click on the credit cards tab and choose the credit card PIN generation option.
Once you do that, the bank will generate the pin for your card. There various ways by which the bank communicates this PIN with you. Some banks such as HDFC bank post the PIN to your registered address. Others will either SMS the PIN to you or send it via email.
Some banks also let you choose a convenient four-digit pin. Once you enter the PIN, a secure code is sent to your registered mobile number and email id, to ensure the security of your card. To validate your PIN, you have to key in the secure code.
Once you have received your pin, you can activate your card either online by clicking on the activate option or swipe it at an ATM. The card is activated once you validate it with the ATM pin.
Activate by SMS
A handful of banks also let customers get their credit cards activated by sending an SMS to the bank’s customer care. Not all banks offer this service. Therefore, please check the process for your bank before sending the SMS. The banks that do allow this service require customers to send a predefined message to a specific number. The message could be MBANK or ATM PIN or any other predefined message. Once you send the SMS, you will get an instant response on the process of validation and activation of the card. The customer service number will vary from one bank to another. Please check the bank’s website.
Activate your card offline
Credit cards offered by most banks can be activated offline. This is a fairly simple process, wherein you can visit the nearest ATM of the bank which issued the credit card. Upon swiping the credit card, you can choose the ‘SET PIN’ option. To protect the credit card’s security and to ensure that the PIN is being issued to the right customer, the ATM will ask for details such as the account number, registered mobile number and date of birth of cardholder. A one-time password is sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the machine. Once the validation process is completed, you will be asked to set a PIN of your choice.
Alternately, if the bank has sent you a PIN via post, you can swipe the credit card an ATM of the issuing bank. You can then enter the PIN sent to you by the bank. Once logged in, you can choose to ‘reset/ change’ the PIN that is convenient for you to remember.
The activation process for a few popular cards
The activation process is different for most banks. Here is a compilation of credit activation processes for some popular banks:
SBI credit cards:
The bank allows for several ways to activate your credit card. You can either log in to your account at sbicard.com or email to sbicard.com/email. If you log in to the website, you can log in using your user id and password. You can then click on the ‘Requests’ menu and then choose the card number from the drop-down menu which you wish to activate. Click on the activate button. Your card will be activated instantly.
The bank sends your credit card PIN to your postal address within a week from sending the credit card to your address. To change the default PIN, you can log on to the website through net banking. Under the My Accounts section, choose the credit cards option and then generate a credit card How do i activate my first premier bank credit card. You can also download the ICICI bank mobile app and log in. You can then go to ‘Smartkeys and Services’ section and choose card services. Here, too, you can generate a credit card PIN. You can also visit the nearest ICICI ATM, swipe the card and activate with the default PIN. There, you can also change your PIN.
You can log in to your netbanking account using your does bank of america have student accounts and password. Then click on the Credit Cards tab. Click on the ‘PIN SET/ RESET’ option. Choose the card that youwant to be activated in the dropdown menu and card number. Then click on submit. Enter and Re-enter your default PIN. Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number. You can then set a new PIN.
Kotak Mahindra Bank:
Kotak Mahindra sends the credit card followed by the PIN in separate mails to your registered address. Once you have both the credit card and the PIN, you can activate your card using the nearest Kotak Mahindra ATM, netbanking or mobile banking. The bank also lets you generate an instant PIN on its website. You can find the service under the transaction services section of the website. You can call the bank’s IVRS service at 1860 266 2666 and follow through the process to reset the PIN. Keep your credit card number handy in this case. You can also log in to your account using netbanking and choose the americas next top model season winners PIN option under the credit cards tab. You can set up a new six-digit PIN. A similar process is to be followed if you log in on the mobile application. Look for the Regenerate PIN option under the Service Requests tab. You can also visit a Kotak Mahindra ATM and change/ reset your PIN.
HDFC Bank also sends the credit card and the default PIN separately to the customers on their registered address. The card is activated at an HDFC ATM alone. You can call the customer care and ask for an OTP to be sent to your registered mobile number before visiting the ATM. You can choose ‘create a new PIN using OTP’ option. After entering the OTP, you can set up a PIN convenient to you. You can also log in to your account using netbanking. There you choose the Credit Card ATM pin option under the credit cards tab. By clicking on the PIN option, you will generate a new PIN, which is sent to you via post. You can visit an ATM and validate the card.
The bank provides various ways to generate the PIN for a credit card. You can either call the customer care or the interactive voice response system (IVRS) to create the PIN. You can also generate the PIN by logging on to the mobile app or internet banking. You can also do so by visiting an ATM. The bank has dedicated IVRS for customers at 1860 419 5555 and 1860 500 5555. First choose the credit cards option. Then choose ‘Generate Credit Card PIN and activation code’. You will be asked to key in your card number, expiry date and date of birth. Once you validate your details, you will receive an activation code on your registered mobile number. You will have to call the IVRS or customer care again after receiving the activation code. Then choose the option “Generate Credit Card PIN, I have an activation code”. Key in your code and then you will be asked to set your credit card PIN. If you choose to activate your card via the mobile app, you can log in and choose ‘My Controls’ from the ‘Options’ tab. Here, you can choose the credit card option and then click on the SET PIN option. You will be sent an OTP. Validate the OTP, and you can set up a PIN of your choice. A similar process is followed in netbanking. Choose credit cards from the accounts tab. Click on ‘More Services’ tab and choose ‘PIN Change’ option. Enter your PIN. A secure code will be sent to your registered mobile number. Validate the secure code, and you are good to go.
Can I change the PIN set by the bank on my credit card?
Yes. Most banks issue a default PIN along with their credit cards. While you can continue to use the dame PIN for your transactions, you can also change it to a more convenient PIN that is easier for you to remember. You can do so by visiting an ATM of the issuing bank or logging into your account online or on the mobile application.
Is it mandatory to change the default PIN set up by the bank?
No, it is not mandatory for the customer to change the PIN for their credit card. However, in the interest of security, it is advised that the customer change the PIN. It is also easier to remember the PIN if you set it.
Why does my new credit card not work?A new credit card usually comes in the ‘deactivated’ mode to ensure the security of the card. To activate a card you need the PIN for the card. The PIN is either sent by the bank on your registered address within seven days of receipt of your card. Or you are required to generate a PIN using net-banking or mobile banking. Read the instructions that came along with your credit card carefully to understand the process for activating a card. The process how do i activate my first premier bank credit card different for different banks. Visit the website of your bank or call the customer care of your bank to find out more.
We're here to help with secure banking in
our mobile app
Freeze your debit card
Control your debit card, set limits and freeze from your phone.
Convenient and Secure
Touch and Face ID technology to keep you secure on the go.
Custom text alerts
Get notifications directly to your phone, email, and watch.
Your Privacy Rights
We and our partners process data to:
Actively scan device characteristics for identification. Use precise geolocation data. Store and/or access information on a device. Select personalised content. Create a personalised content profile. Measure ad performance. Select basic ads. Create a personalised ads profile. Select personalised ads. Apply market research to generate audience insights. Measure content performance. Develop and improve products. List of Partners (vendors)
How to activate your credit how do i activate my first premier bank credit card you’ve ever received a new credit card and tried to use it but have been told it’s not working, you might have forgotten one important step – to activate it.
Once you get your card, you must activate it in order to use it.
Different issuers offer cardholders various ways to activate their credit cards, but you can typically get it done via a phone call or online.
Read on to find out what information you’ll need to activate your card, then locate your issuer and get the specifics.
See related: How do credit cards work?
How to activate your credit card
You’ll need to give personal information to activate your card
When you’re ready to activate your credit card, you’ll need to provide information, including some personal data.
You will generally need the following information to complete your activation:
Once you’ve gathered your information, you’re good to go – whether you choose to activate online, via phone or through an app.
How to activate your card online
To activate your card online, go to the website that is provided either on a sticker on the card or in the information packet you received with it.
Fill out whatever information the website asks for regarding the credit card and click “submit.”
Typically you will receive a confirmation that the card is activated – if you do not, just call the company to confirm.
Sign the back of your new card, and you’re all set.
How to activate your card by phone
If you choose to call your issuer to activate your card, the process is simple and takes only a few minutes.
To make things easier, call from the phone number you gave on the application.
Every issuer’s process is fairly similar – you will be asked for some or all of the information listed above, and once you provide it you will receive confirmation that your card is ready to use.
Just sign the back of it and start spending.
How to activate your card via an app
Many issuers also allow cardholders to activate cards via an app on their smartphones.
First, download the app from Google Play (for Android) or the App Store (for iPhone).
Use your phone’s camera to scan your card when the app prompts you.
Enter any other information the app asks for and you’re done.
Once again, make sure you sign the back of your card before you put it in your wallet.
Now that you know what to expect when you use these three methods, locate your issuer below to find out the ways it enables customers to activate.
See related: How long does it take to get a credit card?
How to activate your American Express card
You have three choices to activate your American Express credit card:
- Visit the Amex website and enter your information as the prompts come up.
- Call the number on the back of your card (800-869-3016) and provide the customer service rep with the necessary information.
- Download and use the American Express app from the App Store (for iPhones) or Google Play (for Androids).
How to activate your Apple Card
Because the Apple Card does not have any numbers, CVV, expiration date or signature on it, you must activate it via your Wallet. Here’s how:
- If you have an iPhone XS or XS Max, iPhone XR or later model, all you need to do is open the new card, wake up your iPhone and follow the prompts inside your Wallet, then tap “Activate.”
- If you have an iPhone X or earlier model, open your Wallet, tap “Apple Card,” then tap “Activate,” then follow the instructions in your card holder.
- If you threw away the packaging, open your Wallet and tap “Apple Card,” then tap the “more” button. Tap “Activate Your Card” under “Physical Card,” then tap “Having trouble activating your card” and “Do not have card packaging.” Then, follow the instructions on the screen.
How to activate your Bank of America card
There are three ways to activate a Bank of America credit card:
- The fastest way to activate your BofA card is to visit the bank’s website and use your online banking ID and passcode to enroll your new credit card account.
- Call the issuer’s activation line at 800-276-9939.
- Download and use the BofA banking app from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android).
How to activate your Barclays card
Barclays offers cardholders two ways to activate:
- Visit the issuer’s website.
- Activate via phone at 877-408-8866.
How to activate your Capital One card
You can activate your Capital One credit card three ways:
- Visit the bank’s website and use your online banking ID and passcode to enroll your new credit card account.
- Call the issuer’s activation line at 800-227-4825.
- Download and use the BofA banking app from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android).
How to activate your Chase card
There are two ways to activate your Chase credit card:
- You can sign into your existing Chase account or create a new one on the bank’s website.
- Call the issuer’s activation line at 800-432-3117.
How to activate your Citi card
Citi offers four ways to activate a card:
- Visit the bank’s website to activate.
- Download and use the Citi banking app from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android).
- Call the number on the back of your card.
- Send a text from your registered mobile phone number – ACT [space] [last 4 digits of your card number] — to 6058 and you will get a text back immediately telling you that the card has been registered.
How to activate your Credit One Bank
There is one way only to activate your Credit One Bank card:
- Within 14 days of receiving your new card, call the phone number on the sticker on the front of it.
How to activate your Discover card
Discover gives its cardholders two ways to activate their cards:
- Visit the bank’s website to activate.
- Call the issuer’s customer service line at 800-347-2683.
How to activate your Wells Fargo card
Wells Fargo offers three ways to activate its cards:
- Visit the bank’s website and sign into or create a new account.
- Call the issuer at 877-294-6933.
- Download and use the Wells Fargo banking app from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Androids).
See related: How to request a credit limit increase with Wells Fargo
Keep your credit card safe once you activate
Once you activate your new credit card you’ll want to keep it as safe and secure as possible.
You already know to sign it immediately after activating it, but there are other ways to protect it.
- First, make sure you turn on “suspicious activity” alerts. If the issuer detects anything odd on your account – such as a very large purchase if you typically don’t make them, or a purchase out of state – it will contact you immediately to verify the purchase.
- Never share your credit card information, and make sure you keep your contact information current with the issuer so it can notify you if it spots any fraudulent activity on the card.
- Check your account frequently to see if there have been any unauthorized purchases on it. If you spot any, contact the issuer right away to report it.
- Last, use the card for online purchases only on secure sites and never when you’re on public Wi-Fi, and never let an online merchant store your credit card number for future purchases.
Once you do all you can to protect yourself against credit card fraud and identity theft, you’ll likely sleep better at night knowing you’ve cut down significantly on your chances of becoming a victim.
The editorial content on this page is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. It has not been provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Barri Segal how do i activate my first premier bank credit card is a staff reporter at CreditCards.com with 20-plus years of experience in the publishing and advertising industries, writing and editing for all styles, genres, media and audiences.
Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
We may change APRs, fees, and other Account terms in the future based on your experience with Elan Financial Services and its affiliates as provided under the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law.
1. You will earn 2 Points per dollar in eligible net purchases (net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns) that you charge. Account must be open and in good standing to earn and redeem rewards and benefits. Upon approval, refer to your Program Rules for additional information. You may not redeem Reward Points, and you will immediately lose all of your Reward Points, if your Account is closed to future transactions (including, but not limited to, due to Program misuse, failure to pay, bankruptcy, or death). Reward Points will not expire as long as your Account remains open. Certain transactions are not eligible for Reward Points, including Advances (as defined in the Agreement, including wire transfers, travelers checks, money orders, foreign cash transactions, betting how do i activate my first premier bank credit card, lottery tickets and ATM disbursements), Annual Fee, convenience checks, balance transfers, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, overdraft advances, interest charges, fees, credit insurance charges, transactions to fund certain prepaid card products, U.S. Mint purchases, or transactions to purchase cash convertible items. The 2% cash back rewards value applies only to Points redeemed for a deposit into an eligible Fidelity account. The redemption value is different if you choose to redeem your Points for other rewards such as travel options, merchandise, gift cards, and/or statement credit. Other restrictions apply. Full details appear in the Program Rules east boston savings bank east boston hours card customers receive with their card. Establishment or ownership of a Fidelity account or other relationship with Fidelity Investments is not required to obtain a card or to be eligible to use Points to obtain any rewards offered under the program other than Fidelity Rewards.
Because the interest and other fees charged on any outstanding balance are greater than the cash value of the rewards points, you may pay more in fees and interest than the value of the points you earn if you do not pay your bill in full each month.
To receive a deposit, you must link your eligible Fidelity® account to your card. This can be accomplished in any of following ways. 1. You may contact Elan Financial Services Customer Service at the toll-free phone number located on the back of your credit card and provide them with your eligible Fidelity® account (s) number. 2. Simply select the “Manage Reward Points” hyperlink from the credit card snapshot page on Fidelity.com and follow the easy steps. You may also watch a brief video that describes the linking process on the credit card snapshot page also found on Fidelity.com. Please note that automatic redemptions will occur on a monthly basis as long as you have reached the point redemption threshold of 2,500 Points.
Eligible accounts include most nonretirement registrations as well as Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA, SEP IRA, Fidelity Charitable® Giving Account®, Fidelity HSA®, and Fidelity®-managed 529 College Savings Plan accounts. The ability to contribute to an IRA or 529 college savings plan account is subject to IRS rules and specific program policies, including those on eligibility and annual and maximum contribution limits. Full details appear in the Program Guidelines new card customers receive with their card. Contributions to Fidelity Charitable® are generally eligible for a federal income tax charitable deduction. Please consult with your tax advisor. The list of eligible registration types may change without notice at Fidelity’s sole discretion. For more information about whether a particular registration is eligible, please call 1-800-FIDELITY (800-343-3548).
5. Certain restrictions apply to each benefit. Details accompany new account materials.
Elan Financial Services provides zero fraud liability for unauthorized transactions. Cardmember must notify Elan Financial Services promptly of any unauthorized use. Certain conditions and limitations may apply.
Cardmembers are responsible for the cost of any goods or services purchased by the Visa Signature Concierge on cardmembers’ behalf.
8. Fidelity Rewards+ generally requires $250,000 invested through Fidelity® Wealth Services, Fidelity® Strategic Disciplines, or a combination of both registered as an individual account, a joint account, or certain types of revocable trusts. Assets in other registration types, such as irrevocable trusts, partnerships, or LLCs, will not be included when determining program eligibility. Fidelity Rewards is not offered as a component of any advisory how do i activate my first premier bank credit card or program through Fidelity, including, without limitation, Fidelity® Wealth Services and Fidelity® Strategic How do i activate my first premier bank credit card. While there are no program enrollment fees, eligible managed accounts are charged an advisory fee.
The Contactless Symbol and Contactless Indicator are trademarks owned by and used with the permission of EMVCo, LLC.
Fidelity Charitable® is the brand name for Fidelity Investments® Charitable Gift Fund, an independent public charity with a donor-advised fund program. Various Fidelity companies provide services to Fidelity Charitable. The Fidelity Charitable name and logo and Fidelity are registered service marks of FMR LLC, used by Fidelity Charitable under license.
"Giving Account" is a registered service mark of the Trustees of Fidelity® Charitable.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Google, Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
©2020 Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Use only in accordance with law.
© 2021 The Kiplinger Washington Editors. Used under License.
Fidelity Go® provides discretionary investment management for a fee. Advisory services offered by Fidelity Personal and Workplace Advisors LLC (FPWA), a registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided by Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (FBS), and custodial and related services provided by National Financial Services LLC (NFS), each a member NYSE and SIPC. FPWA, FBS and NFS are Fidelity Investments companies.
The creditor and issuer of this card is Elan Financial Services, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Fidelity® and Elan Financial Services are separate companies.
Visa and Visa Signature are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association and are used by the issuer pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc.
Third-party trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners. All other service marks are property of FMR LLC.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917